External Trustees for Marjon Students’ Union
Marjon Students’ Union (MSU) is seeking to recruit external trustees to join their trustee board.
MSU strives to be the Student Voice of a unique educational establishment and to further enhance student experience and cater to student needs, from representation, recreation, resistance, entertainment, to welfare. Its continuity, financial stability and academic and welfare services have served the institution and its students resolutely over the years and aspire to do so for many years to come.
- Sound governance experience
- An interest in Student Experience/Higher Education
- Able to attend 4-6 meetings a year
1. Finance expertise; ideally with a knowledge of auditing small business and charities.
2. Human Resource Management expertise; ideally in managing small charities.
3. Legal expertise; ideally in contract law.
4. Academia; ideally in at a doctoral or professorial level fluent in HE industry with an interest in Student Voice & Student Experience issues.
MSU is currently in the process of writing its strategic plan that will last 3-5 years. Having undertaken a detailed research process with our students, MSU has clear goals that they are required to achieve. MSU wants to make a positive difference to its students and the wider community.
Trustees/Board members are not paid though reasonable expenses are met.
For further information please e-mail Mick Davies the MSU General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, or send through a CV and a Covering Letter.